Like all AMD products, FFP2/P2 copper particulate respirator is one hundred per cent Australian-made. It is manufactured using copper fibres to prevent the growth of bacteria. This particular P2 face mask is three-layered and comes with elastic earloops to provide high levels of safety and comfort. Owing to the unique three-panel design and nose foam, gaps are minimal while the respirator still offers high breathability, which makes the mask practical in situations when it needs to be worn for prolonged periods of time. The application of the P2 mask for coronavirus has been approved and is a better alternative than standard melt blown filter respirators.
FFP2/P2 Copper Particulate Respirator
AMD has manufactured a new, specially-designed P2 face mask from cutting-edge copper fibre filters that proved to prevent the growth of infectious pathogens. As such, a p2 mask represents better coronavirus protection in comparison to standard melt blown filter respirators.
|Number per Box||50|
|Features||• Australian Made
• Cutting-edge copperfibre filters
• Three-layers with elastic ear loops
• Innovative three panel design improves fit and aesthetic and minimises gaps
• High breathability
• Soft, lightweight, comfortable & odourless
• Individually packed
• Latex free
|Face seal/ Nose foam||Nose foam|
|Fluid Resistant (ASTM F1862)||No|
|Flame Resistance (ASTM D2859-96)||No|
|Flammability Rating||Class 1|
|Product Type||Dust and other Particles|
|Respirator Style||Flat Fold|
|Australia and New Zealand Compliance Standards||P2|
|Filter performance||≥ 94%|
|Flow rate||95 L/min|
|Total inward leakage (TIL)||≤ 8% leakage|
|Inhalation resistance||≤ 70 Pa (at 30L/min)≤ 240 Pa (at 95L/min)|
|Flow rate||Varied – see above|
|Exhalation resistance||≤ 120 Pa|
|Exhalation valve leakage requirement||Leak rate ≤ 30mL/min|
|Force applied||-250 Pa|
|CO2 clearance requirement||≤ 1%|
- Before putting on the P2 face mask, wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or rub hands together thoroughly with alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Take care not to touch the inside layer of the FFP2 mask that will be in contact with the nose and mouth when unpacking and while donning.
- Check for defects in the P2 face mask such as tears or broken loops.
- Position the label side of the respirator outward and orient the respirator so that the foam nose bridge strip is at the top.
- Unfold the respirator while holding onto the edges (again being careful not to touch the area that will be in contact with the nose and mouth). Position the unfolded P2 face mask over the nose and mouth and place one earloop over each ear.
- Mould the nose bridge wire to the bridge of the nose and while pinching the nose bridge in place stretch the bottom of the respirator to over the chin. Press along the edges of the FFP2 mask to maximise the seal.
- Avoid touching the respirator while using it; if touched, clean hands with alcohol-based hand sanitiser or soap and water.
- Replace respirator if it becomes obviously contaminated; never reuse single-use respirators.
Removing the respirator
Wash hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser before removing the P2 mask used to safeguard you from coronavirus. Remove the respirator by unhooking the ear loops, taking care not to touch the front of the respirator which might have become contaminated. Discard immediately in a closed bin and clean hands with alcohol-based hand sanitiser or soap and water.
Selection of the most appropriate Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) will depend on the particular situation and should be made only by a competent person knowledgeable of the actual working conditions and the limitations of the RPE. Details regarding performance and limitations are specified on the respirator packaging and user instructions. Before using any respirator, the wearer must read and understand the user instructions for the product. Use in accordance with AS/NZS 1716:2012 Standard. Misuse can result in sickness or death. For more information, consult a supervisor or contact an Occupational Hygienist and Safety professional.
|Dimensions||20 × 25 × 12 cm|